Friday, March 9, 2012

Modeling Update

I know I said I would make a tutorial for creating round models. However, I've run into a few problems with the project I am currently working on, and though I would share some cliff notes on it.

I noticed a bit of a size problem with my boltguns. Mainly, they're taller than marines with the combi-attachment. Now, I wanted them larger, but not quite that large, so I'm in the process of shrinking them. Here are some of my thoughts and photos to detail the changes:

The bolter was shortened substantially. The flamer was also shortened, including the gas lines. The promethium canister was in the way of the marine's hand, so I angled it downwards.




The melta-gun had its receiver shortened and the fuel canister moved back a bit. This was the second most annoying move, and the receiver didn't cut evenly, but now I know how to cut it very quickly and efficiently. I'll definitely be putting that in a future post.



My last work is the plasma gun, but it is the most difficult because of all the angles. It is still not quite finished and needs polishing. It also remains the largest of the combi-weapons. It should be, however, as it is generally the most expensive, and the only combi-weapon that can shoot twice according to the rules.



Stay tuned for more!

No comments:

Post a Comment